This notice explains how, as a data controller, Isabel NV/SA (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Isabel”) with offices at Keizerinlaan 13-15, 1000 Brussels, Belgium (phone: +32 2 545 17 11) processes personal data we collect from you through the fintech research website.
Isabel is part of Isabel Group which is composed of
- Isabel NV/SA, with offices at Keizerinlaan 13-15, 1000 Brussels, Belgium (phone: +32 2 545 17 11);
- CodaBox NV/SA, with offices at Diestsepoort 1, 3000 Leuven, Belgium (phone: +32 2 880 84 80);
- Clearfacts BV/SRL, with offices at Posthoflei 1 / Box 1A, 2600 Antwerpen, Belgium (phone: +32 3 369 55 66); and
- Clearnox SAS, with offices at 8 Rue Honoré de Balzac, 37000 Tours, France (phone: +33 2 47 60 65 96).
2. Updates to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this notice at any time, but will in any case do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will inform you, when possible, of any substantial changes to this notice.
This notice was last modified and revised on the 16/05/2022.
3. Information We Collect
3.1 Customer Support
When you contact us through our website or by phone, we collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Identification data: your name, email address and phone number (optional);
- Information relating to your company: your company name and its activity sector or industry;
- Data relating to security: your IP address, security logs, connection and activity logs, and the user agent of your web browser;
- Any additional information you would include in the messages you are sending us; and/or
- Any information shared during the call.
We may also collect, when you provide it, information relating to your personal assistant.
When you request a whitepaper or other documentation to be sent to you, we collect your email, name, and organization.
3.3 Website browsing
While you browse our website, we collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Identification data: your IP address;
- Data relating to security: security logs, connection and activity logs, and the user agent of your web browser;
- When you allow us, we also collect data relating to your use of the website such as the pages you consulted or if you already visited our website in the past.
4. Processing purposes
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or in order to take steps, at your request, to enter into a contract:
- To provide you with the information you have requested and answer your questions when you contact us.
- To manage the relationship between you, our customer, and us and other members of the Isabel Group.
- To ensure the security of our services, including your data.
Where you have given your consent:
- To contact you, as per your request, and provide you with more information about our services.
- To contact you, as per your request, and book an appointment with you.
- To allow us to send you promotional offers and information on our and other members of the Isabel Group products, in line with your choices.
- To place cookies on your browser and perform advanced statistics based on the information Those cookies provide us.
Where necessary for our legitimate interests, as listed below, and where not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms:
- To ensure the security of our and other Isabel Group applications, services, processes, websites and databases.
- To retain a trace of our business relationships with you, as an Isabel Group existing or prospect customer.
- To allow review of past calls for training of agents and for quality control.
- To send existing customers information on the evolution of Isabel Group and its member companies’ products; you may request these communications to stop at any time via an unsubscribe link present at the bottom of every communication.
- To improve our services and develop new group-wide commercial offers by identifying e.g. trends, recurrent issues, customer behaviours, through your use of our services;
- To advertise our services towards existing customers.
- To get non-nominative information on the visitors that consult Isabel Group websites.
For these purposes, we have conducted a balancing test, as the law requires, and have determined that, taking into account the limited personal data collected, the processing performed and your reasonable expectations, our legitimate interest in conducting these processing activities is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Where it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations, such as reporting crime or crime intent, or tax reporting.
5. Disclosure and Transfer of personal data
In order to deliver our services to you and for the above purposes, we need to share your personal data with:
- Isabel and Isabel Group personnel with access on a “need to know” basis and to contractors who have signed a confidentiality agreement with us.
- Third party processors, located in the European Economic Area, who support us in the processing of your personal data only on our instructions and who are subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations:
- Microsoft, who provides and maintains our customer relationship and screen sharing solutions.
- Google Analytics, who provides us with simple statistics on the number of unique visitors on our website.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), who is responsible for hosting our website and applications.
- Government institutions or regulatory bodies in compliance with our reporting obligations.
6. Data Security and Retention
Your personal data is and will be kept strictly confidential.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. This includes setting up processes and procedures to minimise the unauthorised access to, or disclosure of your personal data. We ensure that the third parties we share your personal data with also have adequate security measures in place.
We will store your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purposes defined in section 4 (Processing Purposes), with maximum retention periods as defined below:
- Data collected when you contact us for questions or support will be kept for 10 years.
- Data collected when you request information about our services will be kept for 3 years or until you request us to delete your data.
- Data collected for statistics purposes will be kept for 14 months.
- Technical and security logs will be kept for a maximum of 6 months.
- Data backups, created for security reasons, are kept for 4 weeks;
- Data collected for marketing purposes will be kept for as long as we have your consent.
7. Automated decision-making and profiling
No automated decisions will be taken about you, nor will profiles be made as part of the processing described in this notice.
8. Your rights
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data, to ask us to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data and to obtain the personal data you provided us in a structured, machine-readable format. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular when we do not have to process your personal data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
You may exercise the above-mentioned rights by contacting us as described in the “Contact us” section below.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information that we are required to keep by law or that we have a compelling legitimate interest to keep.
If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority: https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/ .
9. Contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or wish to contact us for any reasons in relation to the processing of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at Isabel NV/SA, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by sending a dated and signed request to Isabel NV/SA, Keizerinlaan, 13-15, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.